linking hub ethernet switches

Moonzy1

Furuno Super Fan
if I need to link 2 Hub 101's or a ethernet switch to a hub to expand for more inputs,,, Do I just need to connect the 2 w a cat5 cable ?

Does it matter which port I use?

thx

Yes, you can. No problem and it doesn't matter what port. Just make sure that you follow Ethernet restrictions of no more than three hubs per network.

will this work for a non Furuno Switch?

I tried to link a netgear and t doesn't seem to see whatever is pugged into it. Also the network was already powered on when I moved the Cat5 cables.

Do I need to move the cables first then power up?
thx

Your thread didn't say what system. The NN3D system needs the hub101 for power sync the other systems can use off the shelf if you want. You must ensure it is a hub/switch and not a router.

They are pretty cheap, maybe you should just install a single ethernet switch with more ports. I have an 8 port Netgear switch that is native 12V and the same design comes in 16 port if you need more. It is also available in a PoE version if you need that for an IP camera of other device that uses power over internet.

Hello. Please i need to know how can I connect a Netgear to the 12 volt power. Do i have to cut the cable? What cable Is the positive one? Thanks

Yes, one would normally cut off the A/C to D/C power block. Typically you can look at the markings on the power block to see the diagram, if the center of the connector is positive and the outer is negative. Sometimes it is diffrent. Once you know which is positive you ohm out the connector to see where the center pin goes to. (which wire) Normally one of the wires will have a white tracer. Worst case you can always talk to netgear but normally with a meter you can find which is positive and which is negative.

Thanks Johnny, I got the NetGear FS105 but when I connect the DFF1 to the splitter my MFD12 doesn’t recognize It. Do I hace to do any additional procedures? Or any special ethernet cable?

With the NN3D system, the hub101 should be used especially if you have more than one MFD. In the case of one MFD, it is okay to go off the shelf. The DFF1 most likely is setup for power sync provided by the NN3D HUB101. Check the MODE switches at the front. For off the shelf hub it should be DWN, UP, UP, DWN. Once the sounder powers up, you must run the wizard to find the sounder.

Back