Import/export between NN3D and TZN

Wdeertz

I use both a NN3D BB and TZN on a computer. I can import/export routes and waypoints between the two systems but it seems to be an “all or nothing” situation. So if I make modifications to a particular route on the NN3D there is no way to export just this single route back to the TZN that I can find. When I export my NN3D routes I end up with duplicates on my TZN which is a PITA to clean up.

Is there anyway to only import/export select routes between NN3D and TZN?

That is really a question to for the Nobeltec guys but I think it is possible if you have V2 or V3 software. You can not get seamless integration with v4 and the older NN3D. You might give them a call as see what they say. (503-579-1414)

Johnny, no in my view it’s an issue on the NN3D side. So let me explain. I keep my master routes in TZN version 4 since it allows cloud backup. So when I want to export my TZN version 4 routes to NN3D I go through the export function, create the file and then try to import to NN3D. If I already have any routes on my NN3D before this import it completely deletes them and I am only left with the routes from the TZN.

Is there no way to add routes (via import) to NN3D that only add the new routes being imported without deleting the existing routes?

NN3D is a fully developed older product and no more software changes will be done for it. If Nobeltec comes out with newer software and features like the previous mentioned routes/waypoints layers done in V4; there is nothing that will be done from the NN3D side. Life and software moves forward. V4 is designed to be compatible with TZT2/TZT3 which comply to the new Nobeltec TZ layers.

Wdeertz":1m63qcpf said:
Is there no way to add routes (via import) to NN3D that only add the new routes being imported without deleting the existing routes?

If the TZN is the main repository for all the routes (old or new), does it matter whether or not you wipe the routes from the NN3D or not upon every import? Why wouldn't every export from the TZN not also include previous routes in addition to the newest one so when it's imported they're all there?

- Maggy

Maggy, because I often make tweaks to the routes on the NN3D and these are then overwritten during the next import. I understand that hardware and software moves on but this would have been an issue from day one.

Just thinking out loud, I wonder if this oversight has been fixed with the TZ2BB. I’m guessing it has since as I understand it stays in sync with TZN, is that correct?

Perhaps...

Synchronization in the latest version 8.0 software for the TZT2BB includes a sync log to review what has been moved over and includes synchronization now with MyTimezero Cloud online. I'm also fairly certain it does sync with the PC software as well. TZN questions are often better answered by Nobeltech/Maxsea who make the product. :cool

IMHO, for situations like this perhaps the most consistent solution might have been to put together a simple workflow where after a session everything was exported from the NN3D (to a backup drive) and at the beginning of each session data was imported from the TZ Navigator program. :sorry

- Maggy

Back