HUB

Myles

Going through my system (Navnet VX2, new to me and trying to understand): my impression is that it does almost everything a newer system can do/ just not as intuitive an interface. There are two RDP-148’s, a 1724c radar dome and a DFF1. It appears the MFD’s and the DFF1 are connected to router. The router looks to be a generic router (not a FURUNO brand). Is this correct? Is the Furuno HUB shown in the manuals simply a generic router?

Can I connect a laptop to the router to send and receive data or communicate and configure the equipment?

Can I connect a laptop to the router to send and receive data or communicate and configure the equipment?

Myles":3pl7gpw5 said:

While network routers might not be supported, there's still methods to export data from the VX2s to a PC for plotting purposes or otherwise. Take a look at the installation manual and review Pg. 18 - 20. The adapters mentioned to interface with a PC (such as RS-232c to USBs) are still available at electronics retailers online.

Hope this helps, :sail

-Maggy

What is the” 6.5 Outputting Data Through the Network” section in the operators manual referring to?

Myles":1aye34op said:
What is the” 6.5 Outputting Data Through the Network” section in the operators manual referring to?

The 1724C operates on the "NavNet Network" which was a basic network between specific "NavNet" Furuno plotters that "talked" NavNet. Traditionally, the PC was only used to upload/download waypoints, routes, marks and lines from/to a PC, through the DATA 4 port at the rear of the display unit (see P.6-4). 6.5 refers to NMEA0183 Data sentences that can be passed to other devices (e.g. Autopilot, AIS, VHF, etc.) through certain configured data ports via NMEA0183 serial based connection.

It is possible with a NMEA0183 converter device to output the NMEA0183 data into a PC.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Back