how to wind speed display on a furuno 1971 MFD

anglosax

hi
I have furuno 1971 chartplotter and have added B&G wind speed transducer . The components are connected to nmea 2000 backbone and the wind transducer device shows in the furuno device list. I cannot find how to get a wind speed and direction page to display on the furuno 1971 screen . there are blank pages to customise but no way to set up . interestingly the raymarine autopilot on the same backbone Nmea2000 shows wind speed and direction on its remote display .
what am i missing -
Help

There is no pre-configured weather screens. You can place the weather data in your NavData boxes or use either a full screen instrument page or quarter screen instrument page to have data beyond what fits in the Nav Data boxes. The instrument screen looks like a gauge when setting up a new display selection. If you run into problems you might call technical support while at the boat and they can walk you through an example configuration.

thankyou - so as I understand the only display i can get is a data box with wind speed and maybe direction , no graphical display

You can setup an instrument data page or data box to show wind info in digital format but not graphical; that is correct. The primary focus of the machine is for plotting/fishing so many of the graphical screens are focused around navigation data and engines. You can setup a graphical for Air Temp and Air Pressure information. For wind display options, I find the FI70 which is designed with sailboats in mind, is a better option.Capture99.JPG

thankyou - i did manage this for wind speed and direction but I find it inadequate for sailing so we are going with the B&G display

Back