How to export waypoints & change formats for a Simrad unit

cammmo

I recently bought a second boat with a Simrad unit. I want to upload / share all my waypoints from my Tz3 unit.

The Tz3 saves to USB in tzd format.

Is there a safe / downloadable file convertor to change the points to USR or GPX?
Or a way to export in a different format?

Googled it and come up trumps!

TIA

The TZT3 can save in several formats - TZD, TZX, GPX, CSV. GPX is a general exchange format that is pretty common. The question you are really asking is about the Simrad not the Furuno. If the simrad only saves in USR, you would need a converter like the SeaMarks program, GPS utilities or some other conversion program to move points to GPX. Most devices support GPX so you might talk to Simrad to see if it is possible to save directly in that format.

The TZT3 can save in several formats - TZD, TZX, GPX, CSV. GPX is a general exchange format that is pretty common. The question you are really asking is about the Simrad not the Furuno. If the simrad only saves in USR, you would need a converter like the SeaMarks program, GPS utilities or some other conversion program to move points to GPX. Most devices support GPX so you might talk to Simrad to see if it is possible to save directly in that format.
Thanks Johny, Can you advise me how to save in the formats mentioned above with the TZ3?
Simrad will recognise GPX.

HOME - Settings - FILES - Change your export type to GPX - Insert USB stick and give about 15 seconds - hit Export user objects. The manual covers the detailed steps better than I can but that is the basics.

Back