How do I turn off Risk visualizer

jonathanflorida

Was far offshore 2 days ago, looking for bird packs. Had DRS25A-NXT/6 set on bird mode, and it was quite rough so had it set on rough. Had radar set at 0.5 miles range, and there were no birds in the immediate area. Despite there being no birds, my screen was loaded with returns and targets with vectors, and also the Risk Visualizer alarm was annoyingly flashing red and beeping constantly. This seems to be a new feature of the TXTouchXL 24's that are new on my boat.

When connected to a DRS Radar, two new, powerful safety features are unlocked: Risk Visualizer™ and AI Avoidance Route™. Risk Visualizer™ is a unique function of Furuno Radars that provides a 360° visual representation of potential collision risks of approaching objects around the vessel. Unlike CPA/TCPA alarms, which indicate only the risks visible on the ship’s current course, Risk Visualizer™ assesses all of the objects around the vessel.

I am guessing the radar was showing 50-100 targets because it was rough and the waves were like a washing machine, which is a bit disappointing in and of itself since I'll never find any birds like that, but how do turn off the risk visualizer function so I can at least have some peace while looking for bird packs LOL?

Risk visualizer can be turned off in the layers menu. From the radar or chart plotter screen, swipe up from the bottom, switch to the "Overlays" tab and then you should have the option to turn it off or on. Also in that menu is the ability to turn Bird Mode off or on, once you select that you can choose sea conditions, Just note when in rough seas it will try it's best, but weaker bird targets might not be detected.

Another tip in using bird mode is to turn on echo average and echo trails. Echo average will help emphasize the bird targets and trails helps because ships will have long trails behind them and birds will have sporadic short trails often appearing like a zig zag.

If you are ever out at sea and have a question about any of the features go to the home screen and select "eGuide" this is a digital version of the manual and allows you to search for what you are looking for. Hope this helps you!

Thank you, Ackbar. I have found that button on the overlays tab, and have turned it off, but the risk visualizer alarms continue to display

They will be making some changes to the software to make it easier how to shut off the feature. RV is not a global setting so it sounds like you might have more than one display that would need to be turned off independently to stop the alarm(s). The quick and easy way to shut off that feature is to turn off the "Full Auto Tracking" at any MFD. That is a global setting and without that ON, RV will not work. Turning that setting off should resolve the alarms and turn off the feature.

They will be making some changes to the software to make it easier how to shut off the feature. RV is not a global setting so it sounds like you might have more than one display that would need to be turned off independently to stop the alarm(s). The quick and easy way to shut off that feature is to turn off the "Full Auto Tracking" at any MFD. That is a global setting and without that ON, RV will not work. Turning that setting off should resolve the alarms and turn off the feature.
Thanks Johhny, where do we find the "full auto tracking" selection?

20240906_084006.jpg
Johnny I do not have a full tracking sea mode available under my radar layers. Only upon activation of bird mode.

What version of software are you running?
Have you looked to see if it shows when you have Target Analyzer turned ON?
Are you getting risk visualizer alarms while the normal Target Analyzer is turned off as shown?

Back