HELP! RDP-139

mnotta

Hi all. Thanks for the help in advance. Recently purchased a boat outfitted with rdp-139 plotter, ert-6/10 sounder, and rsb-0071 radar. All of the sudden the rdp-139 will not power up. Pulled all of the network/data plugs and check the voltage at the end of the power cord. It has a constant 12.5-13 volts. I tried to power it up with nothing else plugged in and I’m not getting anything. Unit does not beeb and the screen does not turn on. What’s next?

The beep on power up is the processor; if not getting that it doesn't sound good. If you don't get fans or anything it is either you have too few amps behind that voltage or the power boat in the unit is shot. The wire wire is your positive and the black is your negative correct? You could try a different power source like a radio shack power supply. Ensure you have also taken out any chart card because they can short and keep a machine down.

Thanks for the advice. I did try it with and with the chart chip. In terms of power, the cord is a 3 prong plug with an inline fuse. I did try with and without the engines running thinking while they were running I would get a more consistent power source. I will try an additional power source. Any other thoughts. It’s a difficult situation as I’m not getting anything from the unit.

Back