GP320B to new GP330B0183

Locrasto

Good afternoon,

so I ran into a problem with my vx2 network, boat has a 7" display with a gp320b on data1 and the 10.4" gets its gps from network. also have a bbwx2 and FA50 they have their own antennas.
also have a gp39 on network, so if I tell the 10.4 to get gps info from data port 2 (gp 39) it works but if it pulls off network ais and plotter have a date and time problem, so my question is can I splice a new GP330b0183 in to the old gp320 cable, whoever did the original install zip tied the radar and gp320 together to pull from the helm to the hardtop, (2006 rampage 30 express)
if so what wires go to what colors or is it a direct match up to data port 1 on 7" , I have no problem getting a new one just dont want to spend $400 on it and not work.

thanks for your time

Yes, you can replace a GP320B with a GP330B/0183 antenna for the NN1 or Vx2. If you must splice the cable, it would be done like this:

GP330B/0183 --------------- GP320B

Yellow -------------- Yellow
Orange ------------- Green
White ------------- White
Blue -------------- Blue
Red -------------- Red
Black ------------Black
Drain/shield ----- Drain Shield

You will need to change a couple of software settings once wired up. You might want to call tech support to walk you thru.

Thank you sir, ok i will order a new 330, cant change it till the spring. Boat is shrinkwraped so no access to the antennas, i have also seen some other posts about the fa50 data out on the blue and wite wires being nema 0183 if that is true could I hook that up to the data in on my icom m510 raido for a gps source, right now its getting it from gp39.

An AIS unit isn't a good source of GPS to run a radio off of. It's focus is AIS and any GPS it has is for its' own use. I would leave that on the GP39.

Back