GP1971F LAN Issues

whays

Have a 1971F that I just updated the software on. Says it was updated successfully. Now I’m trying to connect my iPhone for the Mirror App. I have the phone enabled as a hot spot and the 1971F doesn’t see it listed as a Wi-Fi hot spot. Plenty of other Wi-Fi hot spots from around the neighborhood are showing up including my home Wi-Fi. Also I can see my phone listed as a hot spot on other gadgets. Is there a setting or something that I need to check to get this rolling.

Thx

Have you tried connecting when you are out of the neighborhood? Sometimes too many WiFi sources can make the phone harder to find.

On your iPhone you will probably want to verify that the maximize compatibility switch is turned on for your hotspot as it will make it only broadcast on the 2.4ghz band.

So I switched on maximum compatibility and things seem to be working. I appreciate the support.

Bill

On your iPhone you will probably want to verify that the maximize compatibility switch is turned on for your hotspot as it will make it only broadcast on the 2.4ghz band.
In my experience with home networking, typically 2.4ghz is what's "implied" when you set a connection to "low data mode" on an iOS device.

-Maggy

Back