GP1871f

Jsubzero

Furuno Super Fan
I cannot import waypoints from my tzt3 in csv format to the gp1871. it will only import as gpx. why wont it import as csv furuno format? thanks in advance!

Gp1871f will only import gpx waypoints. CSV points say it's completed but show nothing on the chart. Routes do import as CSV. Tried several times on different back-ups with different scan disk cards. No luck on CSV imports??? What's going on?

I would recommend trying v5 on the GP1971F and see if that fixes. If not; let me know and I can talk with the parent company. CSV is an older format and very restricted on the number of points allowed so if your database is large it could be you are exceeding the limits of that format. GPX is a more general format that I recommend for going between most devices unless going between Nobeltec and other Furuno NavNets and then the TZX and TZD formats are preferred. The CSV is mostly a hold over to support NN3D customers that can only export in that format. If there is a minor software bug with the GP1971F and CSV hopefully is was resolved with this newest update.

It was a recent dealer announcement. The software is available by wifi, if you make the connection. I will talk to the web guys on getting the USB update posted.

gp1871f would not attempt to download or even give a hint of an update over Wi-Fi. Tech support emailed version 5 and the machine updated normally. With that said, the unit still does not show imported CSV points from timezero or tzt3 units. it will only show GPX format that was imported.

It was released to support new LCD that is used due to component shortages causing a production change and then some minor changes for support the new Suzuki Drive features with the Navpilot 300. They don't always list all of the minor tweaks they do but overall v5 isn't extensively diffrent than v4.

Back