GP1871F C-Map

milesview

So I just inserted my C-Map Micro chip in the lower port . I cannot get the Chesapeake Map to show. It is only showing Japan, Help

Milesview

It would appear you boat is showing at the default location because you are not picking up GPS. Is the boat outside? What is your GPS status screen show?

The Boat is out side on a lift, it has a soft top. Is there a setting I'm missing or should the unit automatically pick up the GPS signal.

You might check your GPS source settings. Everything is variable and if you have many blockages to the horizon along with sealed in console with top, it would be best if you check your settings and SAT status screen.

OK I got my GPS working, Thanks.
Now i need to get my transducer working. I was told to look at the cable going into the back which right in, but there is only an orange piece of paper with no info on it. I am replacing a Furuno GP-1650WDF GP 1650 WF with c-map it was bought and installed 2005 to replace an older Furuno GPS. We used the existing transducer and it worked well with the new one. The transducer has a speed wheel on it. Any ideas on what it might Be ?

Back