Gp 1971-F waypoint card issue

C

Challenger215

I just purchased a Gp1971-F used it yesterday offshore and I still have a lot to learn.

I purchased a waypoint card and the unit is not seeing the card when I put the card in my computer it shows the files.

I inserted the card went to user data/then files/ then import from sd. And it says no card please insert card. Anyone else having issues with this?

These are the files on the card.

My computer won't open the gpx file which shows adobe beside it but will open the order form which is also adobe.

This unit takes gpx, Correct? Is all the other files keeping it from reading the card?

Pic

Attachments

• IMG_5370.JPG
    IMG_5370.JPG
    108.7 KB · Views: 3,392
  • IMG_5372.JPG
    IMG_5372.JPG
    112.4 KB · Views: 3,392
If you have Microsoft Excel, you should be able to open the wpt.csv. My excel program opens CSV very nicely. GPX would require a program that accepts it. It appears your PC doesn't have a program associated with that file type. Do you have GPS Utilities, SeaMarks or other suitable problem for dealing with GPX files?

No I don't have any of those programs but I do have excel it is allowing me to see the excel file.
What to do from there I don't know. My understanding of computers is minimal at best.

Not sure why the unit doesn't see the card or files.

I recieved my c-map 4d the other day and it read that card no problem.

I’m still having problems with this unit reading my card. I spoke with and have emailed Tim Moore of Furuno East Coast
Who was extremely helpful. I emailed him the file data he formtated it to work with my 1971. He made a video to show me how to install the files he changed onto my card. Well in that video at the end he installs those points in a 1971 in his office and it worked for him.

I did everything in his video and the gps is still saying no card. But it reads my C-map card with no problem.

Any suggestions?

Tim mailed me the card that he made in his office and it worked on the first try not sure what I was doing wrong but the issue is resolved now.

Thanks

had the same problem even with the seamarks program. Called Carl (great guy and program) and he straightened me out.

Seamarks > your file with the spots > tools > export waypoints > furuno > 1870pnt > all of the file > target is just for the icons i picked generic furuno . my 1871 saw the file uploaded all 1300 "points" is what they call them now

Back