GP 1971 Availability ?

Bright Idea

Looking for a GP 1971 and my local dealer let me know that they are not currently available and Furuno is not taking orders for this unit. I cannot find any reputable online seller that has these available or that will take an order. That leads me to wonder if this is just a demand issue or possibly there is a replacement in the works ? The 1871 is still in stock and available. Any information available about future availability, ( or not) ?
Thanks

Bright Idea":1l6o9fv9 said:
That leads me to wonder if this is just a demand issue or possibly there is a replacement in the works ? The 1871 is still in stock and available. Any information available about future availability, ( or not) ?
Thanks

It's both a supply and demand issue causing the lack of 9" units. The pandemic caused a surge in demand, and with supply chain issues and component shortages it was too much too quick. There is a solution in the works, but for now the only small Furuno plotter available that isn't a NAVNET TZTouch is the GP1871F. If and when things change, Furuno USA will be sure to notify dealers.

Hope this helps clarify, :sail

- Maggy

Back