GP-1871F question

ajax

Furuno Fan
I need a small MFD for my skiff. I have two TZT3s in my sportfisher and would get great value out of being able to share my waypoints/routes/etc. across devices, similar to how I can with my TZT3 units and TZ Cloud on my laptop indoors. While I think I know the answer, I at least want to confirm: can the GP-1871F with its wifi chip access TZCloud so I can share my data with this device if I to purchase it?

Currently MyTimezero Cloud synchronization support for the GP1971F/1871F plotters are not supported, however it's a great idea that I will recommend to product development. :)

The GP1971F/1871F does support exporting points and tracks into [GPX] format. I would recommend that you pick up a MicroSD card, as well as a MicroUSB to USB adapter and have a method after each session to export points into [GPX] and import to the TZTs and vice-versa export from the TZT in [GPX] and export it for use on the GP1971F/1871F.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Thank you. Yes I will say that the ease of creating and editing waypoints, routes, etc via iCloud might be the most valuable unique feature that Furuno has, at least for me. I’m glad you will recommend it as having your entire product lineup able to leverage this would make a lot of sense. Importing exporting via SD cards is honestly what helped push me to Furuno from Simrad when I got my tzt3s. It is tedious and error prone. Tzc makes it soooo easy.

Back