GP 1850 screen ribbon cable

Joe Schaefer

Hello All, I have a GP1850 on my old Edgewater that worked correctly until the internal battery failed . I brought it to a local guy to change the battery and now he tells me the ribbon cable is no good that connects the screen to the unit. I assume he damaged it but I cannot prove that. I took the unit back and I am in desperate need of this small ribbon cable or the unit is junk. Thanks in advance for any help

For a ribbon cable, I'd recommend it be sent in to Furuno's Camas Wa. service repair center, there's always a chance they may have a spare ribbon to replace it with (after a service evaluation). Likely, if it's only a battery and ribbon cable, than it wouldn't be very costly a repair for them to do.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

I have a vintage GP-1850F
1. show low internal battery. Manual references CR2450-F2 ST2. Is this battery available and is it a diy or does it need to be soldered into place. Source(s)
2. is there an up-dated mini chart card for west coast USA? Source(s)?
1990 4588
Port Hueneme Ca.

Both Navionics and C-map have given up making these old types of cards. No new cards are available from either manufacturer. Any chart cards will be old and on the used market. The battery isn't really do it yourself for most people. It requires taking it apart and unsoldering the old one from the board and soldering in the new one. Memory is lost during this process so make sure to make a backup prior. Most people pay their dealer or the service center for this. The battery if doing your own work can be ordered from any Furuno dealer. (p/n 000-144-941)

Back