Garmin 1223xsv with Navpilot 300

kimthesax

I have a GPMAP 1223xsv with Furuno 300 setup. The Navpilot keeps ending the autopilot mode even thou there are more waypoint in the route. Any suggestions?

On a generall note, any one here know where I can find the best setings to get Garmin GPSMAP and Navpilot to work best with each others?

If the pilot is dropping out of navigation, the plotter is most likely dropping the Navigation data or the bus that carries that data is having some sort of problem. I would recommend something like Martron N2K analyzer with PC be placed on the bus where you can monitor the data and see what might be happening. You really only need three PGNs from the plotter to drive the pilot. PGn 129283, 129284, 129285. If you don't have an good GPS source and using the plotter's internal GPS, then you would also turn on GPS data. (like 129025, 129026, and 129029). You must be careful not to turn on sentences from the plotter that it isn't the source of. For example the plotter is not the source of heading, so it is has no business regurgitating data from the bus. You don't want it picking up data from the bus, slowing it down and spitting it out to the bus delayed.

Back