Furuno Sounder External Sync

mwbraze

Hi - I have an old FCV-1000 that I want to replace. Its currently synchronized with another multibeam mapping system. My FCV-1000 is provided an input with a TTL trigger on Pins 3(high) and 5(low) at J4.

I noticed the FCV-295/1150 do not appear to have keying pulse inputs, or outputs. But the FE-800 navigational echo sounder may.

On the FE-800 does can it take a external TTL trigger as an input KP, or is it KP out only? Also what does the circuit for the FE KP look like? The Interconnect Diagram on the FE-800 install manual shows a SUB_KP_IN when it is hooked up on Signal 2 to another Transceiver unit, but its not clear to me if that could apply in my case to a third party multibeam system, or what the circuit logic is.

Any help would be much appreciated.

mwbraze,

You are correct that both the FCV-295/FCV-1150 do not have any Key Pulsing input or outputs. And yes, the FE-800 does have an Key Pulse Input from another sounder, but will not accept the TLL Sentence. And the SUB_KP_IN that you mentioned is only used when you are running two FE-800 together in a work boat or ferry configuration. It ensures that both these units do not step on one another when they are running together as part of Navigational Sounder package.

My recommendation is taking a look at the FCV1900, it has all the features that you currently are looking for...

- Deep Blue :)

Back