Furuno LS-6100 replacement question

Kryg

My Furuno LS 6100 fish finder stopped working. it is in newish condition had very little use inside warm Cabin.
I would like to know what newer model of fish finder I can buy to use the same cable connectors and transducer. As it is a real pain to run new cables and install another transducer in a 15 meter sail boat. Which I would like to avoid if possible, as it means slipping the boat and everything it entails to change it.

PS I don't use it for fishing but to check the bottom before dropping my anchor.

Thanks, Kryg

The LS6100 hasn't been sold in roughly 12 years. It uses a 10 pin connection and there are many suitable units to consider. The lowest cost unit would be the GP1871F. Other units to consider are the GP1971F, FCV628, FCV600 or you could find something older on the used market.

Hi Johnny, Many thanks for your reply and suggestions.
I'm not trying to go cheap just the understand the newest replacement model possible that can use the same transducer as the LS 6100 as the transducer is the issue as is bonded to my sailboat aluminum hull. my aim is the purchase the very latest model that can use the same transducer. of these you suggested can the all use the same wattage head unit which one would be the latest and best one as I intend to go cruising south pacific.? Do you know it the wattage matters as some are 200 others are 300 watts from what discovered.
Thanks for your help in this matter. Kryg - SV Skoiern IV

LS6100 is a 300 watt machine but rarely do you see anyone with a CW transducer that is under 600W. Because your transducer is something super special like an ALUMIDUCER, you really should find out exactly what was used. If it is a 300w transducer then it is going to be hard to get something to properly run it. I would have to think it is 600w but better to know than see the smoke come out.

Back