FURUNO GP 1971 FIRMWARE PROBLEM

erhan

Hi,
firstly sorry for my english.

I have got Furuno 1971F and i was buy from USA.
3 days ago i was download new 4.0 version and unzip my micro sd card. (AMP update - upload). Later upload from micro sd my Furuno Gp1971. when i finished first step firmware press continue and restart furuno and press update later button. (because i was tired and forgot to install the second step.) Later i reset my Furuno...
Now i cant use Color range expension and i cant upload version 4.0 again.
i tried every options. For example : i was try upload version 3.0 but furuno not accept i was try reset furuno, i was try clear memory, i was try reset factory defaults on initial setup and i was try service test page with password.
How can i upload new version or old version firmware for my furuno ? or how can i reset all my firmware ?
My furuno software version : 1950193-4.0.0R
Boot version : 1950194-1.25.0R
Kernel Version : 1950195-1.33.0R
RootFS version : 1950196-1.68.0R
i can open service page and wifi lan for custumer sport
please help me i am youtuber and i have got alot of video about Furuno GP1971 Thank you all.

Thank you for reply. I know color range expension working in manuel Mode. But i cant download All parts on version 4. First step i was upload bootable firmware after i reset my furuno. So now i cant upload sezonda part version 4. Software version. So i cant use color range expension and etc on manuel mode...

If the software process was interrupted and you can't get the unit to program v4 again, it should be sent in for service. I think the service center should be able to get repair it. As you found, it isn't possible to downgrade these units.

Thank you very very much. i think i cant find service in Turkey... So maybe i change my fish finder...
i will check firmware program codes if i can open codes and change codes maybe i can upload firmware 4.0 again. Thank you again...

Hi Erhan
Now that I got into the office, I checked a v4 factory unit. It seems to match your software. Unless you have some problem; it looks like you successfully updated to v4. Here is what v4 software looks like after it is completed.CaptureGP1971F Soft.JPG

Really thank you very much but in manuel Mode xolor range expension still not working in similation chirp and rezboost Mode:(

I sent an e-mail (support form) to Japan about this problem. But i still didnt get an answer. I hope that by helping with support, they Will once again prove their confidence in the product they produce...

I think it is some operational error. Have you ensured the advanced features that force auto mode is turned off, like accu-fish and BD? I would recommend trying it in shallow waters with advanced features off and in MANUAL mode with the expansion selection turned ON. The function works.2.jpg

Thank you so much again. i explain my furuno menu :
General - simulation
parameters course 12 degree
speed 6 kn
Simualiton mode : i tried rezboots and chirp with TM150 and P66
Fish Finder
Color Schemes sunlight
Display :
Echo Colors 64
Color Range Expansion ON
Zoom Range Slider ON
Show Zoom Slider ON
Picture Advance 1/1
A-Scope peak Hold ON
Color Bar ON
Zero Line Rejection ON
Range Ft 6.6
Bottom Range Shift Area
Upper Limit 70%
Width 10%
Bottom Discrimination
Probability Graph
Show Legend OFF
Accu Fish OFF - Main fish finer screen Acu Fish and Rezboost OFF
Sensor Setup
Calibration Speed 0 Temp 0 Acoustic Speed m/s 0
initial Setup
Transmission power High
Transmit Rate MANUAL
Rate 20
Echo offset 0 Bottom Offset 0
Smooting ON
Depth Indication SMALL
And Fishender MANUAL Mode Manual GAIN
Gain 50 TVG 5
Erase Weak Echo = 0 Clutter Range= 0

Attachments

• 1chirp.jpg
    1chirp.jpg
    406.5 KB · Views: 504
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 504
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    319.3 KB · Views: 504
Thats Rezboots Mode
Color Range Expansion Mode ON and MANUAL Mode And No Accu Fish or Rezboosts

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    364 KB · Views: 152
The photo before last reflects your fish finder firmware is at 1.04 but the current software is 1.07. If you have tried updating and going through the V4 process and can't update the sounder firmware, it would need to visit your local Furuno Distributor. Because your sounder software is older most likely accounts for your difficulties.

Back