Furuno GP 1870f

Kejsi ismiali

Hello , i have a problem with my furuno model GP 1870f I bought the Cmap card 2 years ago and today I wanted to put it to work, when I turn on the device I get a table “WARNING Limitation on use “ what could be the problem?

It sounds like the chart warning for maps over 1 year old or the normal legal disclaimer. After the warning, does the unit not work or show any maps?

I would recommend testing the card reader with a normal SD card and see if it can save your points and routes. If the SD card is working then it would mean something has gone wrong with the map card. Did you test the map 2 years ago when you first received it? Maybe it is the wrong type or it had a problem. A few years back C-map had a bad batch of cards but I haven't ran into this for quite some time.

I received the device used and there were some points saved on the card, but the card I bought C-map 4D did not have, I had not tested it before

I recommend testing the card reader with a normal memory card and if it works the logical assumption would be the card is an issue. You might contact C-map to see if you can swap it out for a replacement.

It sounds like the SD card reader might have a problem if you are using a 32GB or less user card. You can't use anything bigger than 32GB because the machine won't read it. If you can't write your waypoints to a blank memory card it sounds like there is a problem with the reader and should be sent in for repair evaluation.

Back