furuno 588

patryan1993

hey i have a furuno 588 and just need some help with some deep water settings say 200m+ i went to the shelf and i put tvg on high the whole screen was cluttered and because i changed other settings like clutter etc to higher it started to take away or skip the bottom.
is it true that the 588 in deep water the tvg should be on low? then up the gain
any help would be awesome thankyou

What type of transducer are you using?

In general, every situation is going to be different so likely every FF unit will be tuned differently. Typically keeping settings simple is best so try leaving the TVG set at medium, TX power at 10 and TX Rate at 10. Adjust the range (as needed), Gain until you see clutter (then a little more) then after you start seeing fish targets use enough of the clutter control to clean up the display but still leave the fish targets. The last control would be color erase if needed.

Hope this helps, :sail

-Maggy

i have a ss164 airmar 1kw i think even on medium tvg it was still alot of clutter to the point i had to turn the clutter up and bottom started skipping or not reading. if i kept it on medium for example my gain would only be at like 2 to be able to see maybe so what do you recommend keep on low and up the gain?

Hey Patryan1993,

Do you have pictures of your screen with your current settings, can you share them with us here? If not, grab some next time you go out.

Thanks,

settings.jpg
588.jpg

this is just from demo mode as i wont be out for a while but is doing the same thing the first photo shows tvg low then medium then high. it was doing the exact same thing way to much clutter but because its doing the same thing on demo mode my question would be is it better for tvg medium and lower gain or tvg low and higher gain.
and the second photo is my settings any info on what to change or what ever would help cheers

Can you get us some live pictures when you are out in the water, that can help us see what is going on and make some better suggestions.

Back