Furuno 588 transducer pin

TeeKay805

Good day,
I have a recently acquired new FCV 588 and had a couple questions. The boat has currently has an existing pocket mounted transducer, believed to be an Airmar M188 traditional. It was connected to a Raytheon finder which recently stopped working unfortunately. The set up was put together in the early 90's and read bottom so well that it is hard to replace the transducer for something else. It seems that M188 is a 5 pin and obviously the Furuno unit is a 10 pin.
So my question first of all is if this transducer will work in a fixed 50/200 sense with the Furuno? Secondly, is there a diagram for the wiring pin/connections for the transducer plug on the back of the Furuno as the manual only shows the wiring diagram for the power plug? Thank you.

TeeKay805,

Can you verify if that transducer is indeed an Airmar M188LH Chirp-ready thru-hull transducer..? :unsure:

- Deep Blue

We’re trying to find the paperwork but it has been some time since that was last seen.
The current transducer would not be the chirp ready from my understanding because of its age. We have the information how it was wired to the Raytheon unit from the installer (which xducer coded wires correspond to the pins on the receiving end of the finder unit).
Is there a diagram of the receiving Furuno wiring pins on the transducer plug available? I have not been able to find one.
Thank you, deep blue.

Maybe the older traditional model was the M180 which is believed to be the transducer on the boat and the newer CHIRP model is the M188

Back