Furuno 587 screen flashing problem

mazzuca

Hi,

My Furuno 587 screen has a flashing problem. I thought it could be some energy or ducer connector problem, but not.

I was trying to attach a video showing how the lower left part of the screen flashs and gets darked, but I think the site doesnt support videos so I attached 2 consecutive images of the screen, to showing the problem before flashing and when the lower part gets darked when flashing (see arround number "19").

Any idea what is causing the problem and how I could solve it?

Thank you, Daniel

Attachments

• ImageBeforeFlash.JPG
    ImageBeforeFlash.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 572
  • ImageDarkenedWhenFlashing.JPG
    ImageDarkenedWhenFlashing.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 572
Sometimes it can be from interior light flashing as a diffrent rate and causes your eyes to see it like that. Is this inside? Maybe turn off any interior lighting. If not that, it could be the DC power feeding the unit has noise (like AC ripple) running on the power. It also could be the unit has some backlighting problem.

Thank you Johnny for the answer.

I tested with many different batteries and connectors, boat battery, car battery and a no-break battery. Inside home, in the boat, all the time it flashes in all conditions. Now the screen is all someone darker (even setting the light at the meximum capacity)... like it some lamp has burned...

Back