Furuno 1943c - Sounder Issues

A

Anonymous

I just purchased a 2005 boat with a 1943 C equipped with Radar, Sounder and GPS. The radar is now finally adjusted properly, but now i want to focus on the depth finder.

When in the canyon where depths range from 300-1500ft+ I adjusted the unit from high to low frequency. With the unit on automatic (fishing mode) all i get is clutter. I tried to manually adjust the unit, but I am not sure i tuned it to where it needs to be as I didn't get much in the way of readings. I am thinking i may need a fresh start.

Are there some steps that I can go through to ensure the unit is set up properly? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Chris

Chris,
Do you know what sounder module you have? BBFF1, BBFF3, DFF1, DFF3 or BBDS1? Also what type of transducer the vessel has.

Snips

I would need to investigate this. Do you how I can look this stuff up? With being the second owner of the boat, I am not 100 percent sure. The transducer is a thru-hull transducer. I will be down at the boat this weekend and will get the information

Chris,
The sounder module will look similar to this.

Snips

Attachments

• DFF1.JPG
    DFF1.JPG
    17.7 KB · Views: 1,714
Chris,
The transducer(s) should have model tag close to where they connect into the sounder.

Snips

Back