Furuno 1100 paired with 38-BL 9HR and 200B-8B

tyke123

Hi guys,
I was running a 587 paired with an Airmar TM260 our in deep water. Could read ok up to about 350 metres. Any deeper was touch and go with reading bottom. I am starting to fish more in the 500-600m mark so needed an upgrade.
I have purchased a used 1100 and am having a 38 Bl 9HR installed for deep and a 200b 8b for 40-100m.
These will be installed inside fairing blocks and mounted on transom either side of engine.
Both transducers will be installed by professional.
I am trying to work out the best settings for these transducers. In regards to deep water the main focus will be for bottom fish, the lower 100 metres. This will be the majority of my fishing, but will also be starting to look for swords at a later date so would then be looking at full water column.
I haven’t been able to master the 1100 before so any advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers

It sounds like you have a good plan. There are no perfect settings that everyone can use. Everyone has their own taste and many times it is trial and error for the conditions. Snips has a lots previous posts showing information on the FCV1100 already on the forum. You might search the threads of the forum for FCV1100 and filter through them. There is a lot of good stuff out there. In general since you are going so deep, I would turn your transmission rate up to the highest possible and drive your TVG (Time Variable Gain) down into the deeper water to increase your signal returns.

Back