FR7062 scanner on Navnet vx2 display

Nick

Furuno Super Fan
Hello,

FR7062 4ft / 6KW radar has broken crt. I tried to connect that radar antenna to the Navnet vx2 RDP149. RDP149 seems to recognize the antenna but when pressed TX RDP149 turns off ?! I didn't check the antenna, but according to crew members the antenna worked ok !? Is it possible that the antenna is not compatible with this Navnet screen?

Thanks
Nick

Good afternoon Nick,

Couple of things to try.

First you need to start the RDP149 in the installation mode.

1.) Turn the RDP149 off, once the unit is off, hold the [Menu] button down then press the power button. Continue to hold the [Menu] button down until you get to a screen that gives you an option to choose "INST" mode.

2.) When the unit boots up, hit the menu button again, then choose System Setup, Installation setup, Radar Installation.

3.) Confirm the Antenna Type, make sure the antenna type is selected to "D" 1944.

4.) Then choose Antenna Rotation, and make sure it is set to stop. We want to confirm that the radar will transmit without using the antenna motor to rotate the antenna.

5.) Exit out of the menu, and go to you radar display, transmit the radar. The radar scanner will not be spinning but it should show you some echoes if it is pointed at a target.

6.) If the radar transmits with the Antenna Rotation set to stop: then there is likely an issue with radar motor.

7.) If the radar does not transmit with the Antenna Stop selected, and it shuts down again there could be an issue with the modulator board in the gearbox.

Let me know what you find out.

Was an ordinary power supply problem!? Thank You for advices. Everythink working fine now.

Nick

Back