Forward Looking Sonar

Slainte 1

I'm wondering if, like Garmin, Furuno manufactures a forward looking sonar transducer. I am in the process of outfitting a boat with all new Furuno products for navigation. All this after owning a boat with all Garmin products. The forward looking sonar Garmin has was truly a Godsend when coming into shallow coves, rivers or bays. I'm truly hoping Furuno has a similar product, can anyone help me with this?

Thanks
Slainte 1

Sounds a bit like a Garmin commercial for a first posting. Why would you change your system if you were so happy with it? We do offer commercial sonars that look ahead but nothing in the Light Marine market.

LOL - Didin't mean it to sound like a Garmin commercial!! I liked the products.....BUT, had some problems, both with the equipment and the service department. The autopilot had quirks in it that could not be figured out by tech support and in fact turned out to be a software issue - I was told they would get back to me but never did........the forward looking transducer really did work well, thus the question to you. I made the decision to switch to Furuno for a few reasons; almost every commercial boat/ship I've been on had Furuno gear onboard. The longevity is well known and that reputation seems to continue. Also, I've talked with many boaters who have years of experience with Furuno and all seem to agree, it's great equipment. The more I used Garmin, the more I recognized the fact that tons of money was spent on marketing to a general boating public; folks that probably didn't have lots of experience or time on the water. This lead them to make equipment that was really user friendly at the outset, but maybe not all that well thought out. There are "quirks" in the system I feel, and I couldn't get any straight forward answers. So, here I am......switching to your company's equipment. I am looking at a product called EchoPilot - a forward looking 3D sonar system. I believe it will work with the Touch 3 displays I'm having installed. It's not an inexpensive system, thus the reason for my question to you.....I was hoping Furuno had a reasonably priced forward looking sonar system for a relatively small boat - 54' overall. I've committed to spending quite a bit of money for dual screens in both helm stations as well as autopilot and larger radar - I just wanted to round out the equipment with the sonar set up. I will keep looking but for now I guess, it's looking like the EchoPilot system will be the one.......
Thanks for your reply
John

If it can output HDMI the TZT3 16", TZT2BB, and TZT3 19" all offer HDMI input that you could bring onto the MFD screens. Good luck in the search.

Back