Fish Finder Settings

pmai

I have a new TZT2 BB system with a DFF-3 UHD sounder and PM441C Transducer. I'm not seeing typical fish marks in either the fishing mode or when I manually make adjustments. Should I be seeing typical archs or boomerangs?

I typically fish offshore in blue water, 100-300F, looking for pelagics in the top 300' of the water column. Any advice on advanced settings?

• clutter
  • color erase
  • echo strength
  • cancel smoothing
  • TX Pulse
  • RX Band

pmai,

It's really hard to provide general settings for specific type of fisheries. It all depends on depth, water conditions, water salinity, water temp, etc. I can provide you some general settings that can help get you started:

Set the DFF3-UHD’s Advance Rate to 1/1, the Transmit Rate to: "Manual", then ensure that the unit’s TX Rate is set to "20". Also ensure that the DFF3-UHD's Transmission Power is set to "Maximum". Make sure that Salt Water is set to: “ON” , and the Interference Rejection: is set on “Medium” for now. Set the HF/LF Bottom Level for "-20" instead of "0".

You can reduce low-level noise caused by stuff like sediments in the water by adjusting the Clutter, and erase those weak echoes like sediment or plankton reflections by using the STC feature, which removes weaker echoes sequentially. You can use a shorter pulse length allow the echoes to return to the display without interfering with each other. This result should provide you with better separated and defined targets.

I'd then select the sounder screen showing both the dual frequency screen (Both Low and High Frequencies), and then see how your fish target returns looks between both of those screens and if the picture cleans up.

- Deep Blue.

Back