Fish finder issues Dff-1

jrmatthi

So my fish finder quit working. Question, how does one go about and figure which component is at fault. I have a Tztouch 2, matched up with a Dff 1 uhd and a B275 xducer. Fortunately they are all still under warranty.

With screen in dual frequencies, the hi freq shows zero returns and the low freq has some random returns.

Thanks

Can you get us some pictures of the screen?

If the units are under warranty, you can always send them into our Service Center. But I say we try some troubleshooting, if you want first. Please post pictures here and we can see what is going on.

IMG_2618.jpgIMG_2617.jpg
Here are a couple pics of screen, the green status light usually blinks every 2 second or so. I have seen it where it blinks every couple seconds.

Would definitely like to isolate which component is the problem, hate to uninstall only to find it's something else...

Thanks for all your help!
Jeff

Status light sounds good. The sounder screen seems to show a pattern of maybe noise and no bottom. You you get a bottom at all; even at the dock? You have your sounder source selected correctly to the DFF1 in the menu? If you can get a bottom at all it would be good to see a photo showing both high and low freq. It almost looks like the transducer is picking up but not transmitting. More photos might help us understand the problem more. That photo is like 400 fathoms. You need to walk before you can run.

There are a few things you might try for us at the dock.

1. Is the orange XID connected from the transducers into the DFF1-UHD? Disconnect the orange wire if it is connected.

2. Make sure the sounder source is set to DFF1-UHD.

3. At the bottom of the sounder menu, there should be an option to reset "settings" and "hardware", reset both of them and complete the transducers setup again. Power cycle both the DFF1-UHD and TZT2. Double check the lights on the DFF1-UHD are slow blinking and let us know what you see. And this is only going to reset the sounder information and nothing else on the unit.

Do it in this order, please.

Johnny forgot to mention that this set up was working fine for the past year. It started with these issues two fishing trips ago. I live in Hawaii and the water is real deep, eight miles out the water is 1000ftms. Where I took the picture I was in 6o ftms of water, moving less than 5knts and in the past I always had a clear picture of the bottom and it would always plot on screen. (regardless what the range setting was) The left side of the screen is LF and the right side is HF. As you can see i get some garble on the LF but the HF shows nothing. It's an airmar B275 chirp xducer. I have noticed that as of late the unit had a difficult time displaying the depth in the lower left had corner.

Kicker, I actually did everything you mentioned in your post prior to my last trip out, with the exception of disconnecting the orange wire. Will disconnect the orange wire and try again and let you know what the status light does. I will update everything to the latest software while I'm at it.

Thanks again,
Jeff

I know you are in deep waters, take your bottom level HF and LF to negative 30 (-30), see if that helps you in locating the bottom.

So I did as Kicker suggested, disconnect the orange wire, reset to factory defaults, restore all settings. Took a trip out to my favorite fishing grounds, all good now. Too bad the fish weren't home. Appreciate the assistance all!

Back