First watch radar connection lost

tycotta

I have a wireless radar, 2 years old now. Last year started having issues with is loosing connectivity with my display and ipad. Basically useless currently. Any ideas how to troubleshoot and what may cause this. Worked decent for the first season.
Thanks

It sounds like wi-fi antenna in the scanner might have come loose. We have seen this if someone puts the radar on its side or upside down without the proper shipping or mounting bolts being in place. (note the warning in the manual) I would recommend opening the scanner and follow the wifi antenna cable and ensure it is fully snapped onto the circuit board. Anytime I have heard of wifi issues on this radar it has been related to that antenna getting disconnected due to shifting of the RTR within the dome. It is normally a simple fix if that is the problem.

Thanks, I will check the connection. Could it be a voltage issue if i had a poor ground or power connection?

In this case, I don't think so. If your power wasn't good the antenna wouldn't fire up or start putting out the SSID. If the ground was floating, I don't think it would keep the wifi transmission from working well based on the designed circuit. The problem would either be the antenna, or you are in an area where the wifi is set to the same channel being used by many other wifi signals in the area. This is normally tested by taking the boat away from the dock and get it away from other transmission sources. If I recall there is a setting in the APP that lets you move the wifi channel the radar is working from if that is the case but you first must be clearly talking to it. Lastly there could be a hardware issues on the board and the unit would need to go to the service center and be evaluated.

Back