FCV295 R509C-LHW

CARPAROUGE

Hello the States I wish you are all well.
I send you this message from FRANCE and I am a new user on your famous forum.
Please apologize me for my English that is not fluently.

To present me, my name is Pierre, I am 65 years old and the sea is my great passion.
I had several boats, little and big, and today I am the owner of a WHITE SHARK 175 with 115 CV ENVINRUDE e-tec HO engine. I have this boat since 15 years.

My last fishfinder was a FURUNO FCV587 with a transducer B260. I was very happy with it.
Today, I realized a dream : for deeper fishing and I bought a FURUNO FCV295 with a transducer R509LHW.

My future fishing targets are Tuna, Swordfish, fishes from deep funds in Mediterranean sea.

I know that the tag HF is A and the tag BF is C for the transducer.
As regards the temperature of the water, I have a NMEA 183 outlet (MJ-A6SPF0003-050C)brown thread connected with black thread, white thread connected with green thread fron MNEA outlet.

Is there somebody who has this sort of setting ?
With this setup, at what deep I can see the fishes ? What are the best settings for my fishing projects ?

Many thanks at everybody for your answers and I wish you a good day :)

CARPAROUGE,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for your question. You might give these following settings a try for your fishery within the Mediterranean Sea using the FCV295/R509LHW combination:

Set the FCV295 to these following Settings:

- Low Frequency for: 42kHz
- High Frequency for: 190kHz
- Output Power to: "10"
- TX Rate to: "Maximum"
- High Frequency Pulse Rate to: "SHORT 2"
- Low Frequency Pulse Rate also to: "SHORT 2"
- Bottom Level to: "0"

Reduce any interference from nearby equipment by going into the FCV295's Interference Menu and selecting the level of suppression that is needed. Next, reduce the low-level noise caused by sediment in the water by adjusting the Clutter.

Finally, erase weak echoes like plankton reflections by using the STC.

- Deep Blue :wink7

Hello Deep Blue,

Thank you very much for these valuable tips.
I finished the installation today and I plan to launch the boat within the week.
I will let you know the test results soon.
Small correction for the temp with MJ-A6SPF0003-050C: brown thread connected with yellow thread, white thread connected with black thread
Also what is the Best frequency and settings / transducer for Squid :huh

Thanks again :respect and have a nice day :)

CARPAROUGE,

Squid are very hard to detect due to the nature of them being soft-bodied, having no bones or any swim bladders, and they are filled with sea water. So they barely mark on fish finders.

Typically, all you will see is blue fuzz when a school of squid passes under the boat.

You'll want to use the highest frequency available in squid detection, and set the FCV295 at highest frequency of 200 kHz

Deep Blue - :)

Pierre,

Please let me know how those settings work for your fishery..?

Safe travels - Deep Blue :D

Back