Fcv 628

Jiggerino

Hello to everybody.
My name is Antonio and im a thrue lover of a sea and fishing as a sport.In my case it looks like a sicknes,hahaha.
Well im here to ask you guys about Furuno fcv 628.
Which transducer to buy(600 w) to have max performance for this device .

Good morning Antonio,

Yes, the FCV628 is a wonderful unit for certain types of fishing. We must find more out about how you plan to use the unit in order to determine what is the right combination of display and transducer.

1.) What depth do you plan to target while fishing with the FCV628?
2.) What kind of vessel will it be on? Trawler, Sport-fish, day-boat? What size and speed is the vessel? Will it be on a trailer often?
3.) What is the deepest depth you want to use the FCV628 in?

Answers to these questions will help us determine what is the right choice for you.

Hello
Thanks on your reply
The boat is 19 ft lengt,and it has flat bottom,max speed is 15 knots
The deepth i want is max 180 m
Im not using trailor
I would like to go with bronze transducer trough hull

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply. Are the fish you are trying to target located at the bottom concerning the depth you that mentioned above?

I would recommend using a 526TID-HDD transducer. Even though the transducer is 1kw it will pair nicely with the FCV628. Having the extra elements in a 1kw transducer will help the performance of the fish finder trying to target fish at those depths even through it is only working at 600watts. Please see the attached screen shot that shows the performance of 3 different transducers. The photo shows 3 different transducer, basically a best, better, and average. The average transducer is a 600watt bronze thru-hull, the better and best transducers are 1kw, the best transducer is the one i mentioned above, it has multi-elements for the low frequency 50kHz and 1 large element for the high frequency 200kHz. Please note the fish marks down at the bottom of the screen. They show up with the best transducer but they cannot be found with the average transducer.

FCV587 screen shot.JPG

Back