FCV 585 powering down randomly

SC_HAMACHI

My 585 recently started to shut off randomly. Checked power cord with my multimeter and DC voltage looks good. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Kyle

SC_HAMACHI,

One of the first things that I would check for is the battery voltage and the unit's amperage. Then I’d check the unit’s fuse and the fuse holder, including checking where the unit is connected and it's Power Supply to ensure that's it stable. I'd also check the unit's Power Cable/Assy for any potential breaks or any corrosion.

One last thing, does the unit currently have a proper ground that's attached to the unit’s grounding stud..? Having an Earth Ground attached help the unit in keeping a constant ground to unit.

- Deep Blue :)

I am have the exact same problem with the 585. and, I needed a machine so replaced it with a 588. I'm using the same power cord/connections as I was with the 585. The problem seems to be totally random, voltage jumps from 12.6 to 12.4 with engine shut down, the voltage jumping around does not seem to match when the machine blinks out am sure that's not it. The 588 is working perfictly.

I am have the exact same problem with the 585. and, I needed a machine so replaced it with a 588. I'm using the same power cord/connections as I was with the 585. The problem seems to be totally random, voltage jumps from 12.6 to 12.4 with engine shut down, the voltage jumping around does not seem to match when the machine blinks out am sure that's not it. The 588 is working perfictly.
I can't quite tell from your post whether you still have the FCV-585 hooked up. I believe the power cables are identical for the FCV-585 and FCV-588. Did you try and swap the power cables between the two units and see if the FCV-585 still has the problem?

Yes, both plugs are the same on the 585 and 588, and I have tried both plugs (cables) on both machines. The 585 has the same problem with either cable...pretty much ruled that out.

Back