FCV 1100

gheldoorn

I have a new transducer, R109LHW, 2K. Does anyone have advice about ideal frequencies to choose for low and high for fishing Tuna and looking at a 300' range? I'm looking for bait and Tuna marks. I have tried a variety of combinations and can't quite figure what works best. I almost feel like 50 on low and 200 on high work best but I feel like that kind of defeats the purpose of getting a multi frequency transducer. Those are common to most cheap transducers so I'm sure I'm not dialing in the right detail.

Gheldoorn,
The R-109LHW is 2kw on the LF side and 1kw on the HF side. I think it has better performance around 38Khz on the LF side. I would start with 200Khz for HF. Use an "A" tap setting for both the LF and HF sides.

Snips

Ok, I called customer service. They told me where to look for the tap settings. I actually had one on B and one on A so now they are both on A. I'll be trying it out soon. Thanks again!

Geoff

Here's a shot from yesterday's deep drop session. Mostly I was looking to try out the new transducer and settings. Didn't mark any fish but there was a deep scatter layer at 800-1000' that shows up well.

Back