failure of PCB board on TZTL12F unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel Hughes

Hi there to whom this may concern:

2 yrs and 6 months ago i purchased a TZTL12F and have used it with great success. unfortunately i have to work during the week like most normal people and on some weekends as well which means that i could only get to sea about 2-3 times a month! this meant that the use of my TZTL12F has been limited! In February (2019) of this year my PCB Board on the TZTL 12F has stopped functioning in the fish finder mode, i then subsequently took the unit to the Furuno agents here in South Africa and asked them to see what was wrong.

after doing a series of tests they told me that the PCB board on the unit had failed, they also made it clear that they have no idea why it has failed and called the failure "uncommon"! the unit was installed correctly and by reputable Furuno service providers. Subsequent to that i was told that the board could not be repaired as the board was a machine made board and there for needed to be replaced out right! this has been done but at great expense to myself!

Surely Furuno should back their PCB board for more than 2 yrs and 6 months especially if the failure is on the products side, surely and unit that has limited usage such as mine should last longer and based on the fact that the technician report states that it is a failure on the board side which is "uncommon" and not as a result of operator abuse or neglect that this should be something that Furuno should replace for free?

if you look at my profile you will see that i have supported Furuno greatly in the items that i have on my vessel, i have an FCV 582 from over 10 years ago that still works, how can the flagship unit that represents the leisure market of Furuno only last such a short period of time?

i have sent emails (x2) in the last week in this regard and have had no feed back, please help restore my faith in Furuno!?
regards,

Daniel Hughes

Attachments

• CT_RYT_Service report_Relentless.pdf
    192.2 KB · Views: 66
Mr, Hughes-
We are certainly unhappy to hear of your issues, but this is a Furuno USA forum handled strictly by volunteers with the company that work here in the United States. Furuno USA is the distributor for North America. As such we can only address service issues within our contractual territory. If you purchased the unit here we can try and help you out, but we cannot offer warranty exceptions outside of our territory. For that you would need to contact Furuno Electric Company in Japan. Here is a link:

https://www.furuno.co.jp/en/contact/cnt ... 9303246334

Using the serial number from the service report, it isn't a Furuno USA unit. As Melville said, you will need to work with your Furuno distributor or push the concern up to Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back