FA-50 issues

Mickeyrouse

My FA-50 AIS is not functioning- yellow non-transmit light is blinking. It is not antenna- they’ve been checked out by a Coast Guard tech. I realize a technical bulletin was issued regarding the change of satellites, which necessitates a software update. A local service tech has supposedly downloaded the update, but I’m dubious since he didn’t charge me. I would like to confirm software status and run diagnostics, but I can’t get my laptop to make the connection. The manual details the procedure based on Windows 2000. My laptop currently has Windows 7, which is fairly removed from Win 2000. Is there any resource available that will guide me this LAN procedure?

Google "How to change PC IP address in Windows 7" and there are a ton of useful videos and instructions. While the process changes slightly from windows version to version, the process is similar and a pretty standard PC task if you are doing to do these types of things.

Mickeyrouse":1pp7oz6v said:
My FA-50 AIS is not functioning- yellow non-transmit light is blinking. It is not antenna- they’ve been checked out by a Coast Guard tech. I realize a technical bulletin was issued regarding the change of satellites, which necessitates a software update. A local service tech has supposedly downloaded the update, but I’m dubious since he didn’t charge me. I would like to confirm software status and run diagnostics, but I can’t get my laptop to make the connection. The manual details the procedure based on Windows 2000. My laptop currently has Windows 7, which is fairly removed from Win 2000. Is there any resource available that will guide me this LAN procedure?

Easiest Method I found was:
1. Start > Control Panel
2. Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center
3. (Left side menu) Change Adapter Settings
4. On the ethernet connection, right click > Properties
5. Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Properties
6. Use the following IP address:
7. Select OK

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Back