FA 50 AIS Class B icon display on tzt2 plotter page

william

I have FA50 AIS connected thru Hub 101 connected to TZT2 MFD. The AIS transceiver lights
for receiving are rapid blinking yellow/orange. The transmission light is sometimes short blink Blue. I understand this to reflect normal operation of AIS50. I can visualize many ais targets on the tzt2 chart plotter screen. I cannot see that I am transmitting my vessels static page data. When functioning correctly does the AIS 50 show an icon on the plotter page green in color as this is class B or can only other vessels see my transmission signal. The icon shown in
tzt2 to reflect my position is depicted as red boat. How do I depict my vessel as Green boat(classB) on my plotter page so that I can be certain that in fact I am transmitting MY POSITION and all of the other pertinent data found on Static page.
Additionally when out running sometimes I am getting blue transmission light and then goes to blinking yellow which I understand to be transmission time out. Why is this happening.
1. Lack of transmitting power only 2 watts 2. GPS antenna issue 3Ais whip antenna

I have FA50 AIS connected thru Hub 101 connected to TZT2 MFD. The AIS transceiver lights
for receiving are rapid blinking yellow/orange. The transmission light is sometimes short blink Blue. I understand this to reflect normal operation of AIS50.

Correct for the FA50

I cannot see that I am transmitting my vessels static page data. When functioning correctly does the AIS 50 show an icon on the plotter page green in color as this is class B or can only other vessels see my transmission signal.
You would see only the other vessels. I receiver can not transmit and receive at the same exact point in time.

How do I depict my vessel as Green boat(classB) on my plotter page so that I can be certain that in fact I am transmitting MY POSITION and all of the other pertinent data found on Static page.
You don't. You are not picking up your own transmission.

Additionally when out running sometimes I am getting blue transmission light and then goes to blinking yellow which I understand to be transmission time out. Why is this happening.
It is either been switched into silent mode or your GPS antenna is losing good fix. If your GPS is in the radar beam or next to other transmitting antennas you could be blocking signal and damaging the antenna. I would look closely at the antenna placement on the boat.

You might try looking at marinetraffic.com or vessefinder.com and inputting your MMSI. If your transponder has been on recently, you will see your position and static data and thus confirm that your transponder is working properly. Marinetraffic has better coverage in most areas and is more likely to show your vessel.

Back