Etr-6/10n and transducer upgrade - Navnet VX2

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm new to the forum and first post.

Just over a season ago I purchased a Deep V 260 which has a Navnet vx2, 24nm radar, gps and sounder combo, it has the etr-6/10 module and I have no idea which transducer. Assuming a 600W only as the unit was fine during our light tackle season fishing in waters under 100M, however after a few heavy tackle trips and pushing out beyond 200M the sounder looses bottom, depth reading and is frustratingly slow to the point of not being usable for finding bait.The temp reading also appears out when talking with other boats fishing in the same area.

Time to upgrade! I don't mind the display so am looking for a suggestions on a suitable sounder module and transducer with temp upgrade. The current transducer is a thru hull with fairing block. I reef and game fish. Light tackle from 30M to 100M and heavy tackle season out over the shelf and canyons from 180M to 1000M. Would have an occasional deep drop on the canyons 400M-500M.

The dff3 and R209tidn would have been ok, however from looking into it the R209tidn is no longer made.

Thanks in advance
Matt

Ausfisher,
The R209 was replaced with the R509. There are two flavors on the R-509, the LH and the LHW. The LH has a narrow HF beam angle and the LHW has a wide HF beam angle. While the LF side is 3kw the HF is not. The narrow is 2kw and the wide is 1kw.

Snips

Hi Snips,

Thank you for the response. Has got me thinking on just a small upgrade for now with a DFF1 and 1kw transducer. And then look to upgrade the whole package in the future to utilize the CHIRP.

Cheers.

Back