Engine Data Fields

Quitsa

Furuno Super Fan
The documentation says that the TZT 3 should read data from NMEA 2000 PGN 130316, which is the PGN that would provide exhaust gas temperature readings. I know that my engine gauge interface is supposed to be supplying this PGN to the NMEA 2000 network on the boat. The data is visible on the engine gauges so I know it is being generated. When I go to create a custom engine display page, I can choose all sorts of data fields such as rpm, coloant temperature, oil pressure, load, etc etc. These all work fine. But there is no field for Exhaust Gas Temperature.

Is EGT display not supported by the TZT 3 even though it is available on the NMEA 2000 network notwithstanding that the requisite PGN 130316 shows up on the Furuno FAQ for the unit?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 12.12.43 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-08-19 at 12.12.43 PM.png
    248.7 KB · Views: 5
Last time someone asked about this PGN with me was back in TZT2 days and I have slept since. (temp extended range) I do have notes that says it does show in some respect. I can't off the top of my head remember where. It seems to me it was part of the over temp light and based on the limit values that was setup in the system. Take a look if any of this seems to apply or not for you. Otherwise it would be best if you record a 15-20 minute recording of the 2000 bus data while in use, so tech support can look at the sentence data and how it is populated.

TEMP Light.png1724099038099.png
1724099115267.png

I will try recording a log of the NMEA 2000 bus. My suspicion is that EGT is not supported even though the data is available. That's a little surprising since there are many more esoteric types of engine data that show on the list of choices to display in a data box. With a Diesel engine, exhaust gas temperature is an important indicator of load.

I am having the same issue with transmission temp sensors, Every other unit I have plugged into my NMEA2000 network displays the trans temp information but my TZT3's will not.

I am having the same issue with transmission temp sensors, Every other unit I have plugged into my NMEA2000 network displays the trans temp information but my TZT3's will not.
I don't have an issue showing transmission temperature in a data box. It works on my TZT 3s. Are you able to set up a transmission temperature data box but it does not show any data? Or does the list of data options not show it?

The data is there, my GMI20 shows it and a Go7 shows it. The data is coming from a set of Veratron analog to NMEA2000 modules. For some reason the TZT3's will not show it.

The data is there, my GMI20 shows it and a Go7 shows it. The data is coming from a set of Veratron analog to NMEA2000 modules. For some reason the TZT3's will not show it.
My guess is that the software has a set of data labels for the fields from the PGNs. It may be that for some reason, it is not interpreting the PGN with the gear temperature as such and thus not seeing it.

Back