Dual NavNet 3D MFD System

rpolumbo

I have a dual NavNet 3D MFD system. One of my MFDs went down so I found a used one online and installed it on my boat. I made it the master and changed the previous master to slave. I imported my points and routes onto the "new" MFD and everything is working well except on each power up, I get the message that says my charts be unusable after 20 (decrements each time) power ups. I have the original chart and SAT data (sd cards) and unlock code for the original MFD. Do I import these charts onto the "new" MFD and if so, how is this done? Thanks, Rob

Your master unit is serviceable so it should have remained being the chart master. The new replacement should be the slave. Because you have swapped chart masters, the system now has a diffrent system ID and the licenced charts no longer match the system. The master chart setting should be returned back to the original master for which the charts were purchased. If you change the used unit into a slave and the original master back; it should fix your chart problem.

I switched the MFD's as you directed, however the new replacement (slave) continues to boot up and display the message "System ID is unavailable. Your charts will be still available during the next 13 launches" (still counting down each power up). What will happen after the 13th power up? Will it use the master's charts or will I have to load my charts from my original SD card? Thanks, Rob

The slave is looking for the old master from it's old owner. After all the power cycles are used up it will stop showing the licenced charts from the other boat for which it was a part of. That really shouldn't be a problem because it should start using the licence from your boat master. You just need to ensure you load the charts which your boat has licence to. Having the system ID of our boat seen by this new unit is important. It could be you have a bad network cable and it isn't seeing your other unit. I recommend bringing the system up and ensuring that both units are showing the same system ID of your original master. If not, the network needs troubleshooting.

My original MFD (master) has the charts loaded from the SD card I have in my possession. I assume I will be able to see the system ID's of each MFD in the "System" file under the Menu function. Thanks, Rob

Back