DRS6A features

A

Anonymous

With the new DRS6A I am missing the feature to track moving objects. The VX2 has a function which allows you to track moving objects where the objects will get an echo trail. What happend to this function with the DR6SA and TZT2? Is it possible to enable?

The DRS4D radar has function named Target Analyzer, is this a feature we can expect to see with a DRS6A software update in a near future?

Thanks

The DRS4DNXT offers Target Analyzer (Not the DRS4D). No this feature hasn't been announced for any of the other DRS units at this time.

As discussed many times here, the TZT2 does not allow echo trails. If you wish to have the function you must have the TZT or the NN3D.

I am little bit confused about TZT and TZT2.
Is the TZT a better choice compared to TZT2?

If the features are available at TZT why can you not port then to the TZT2?

They are completely different systems. They run off entirely different operating systems. Each has things that the other does and doesn't offer. The TZT2 offers lower power usage, Active Captain, Sirius Audio controls (using BBWX3),and other items that the TZT doesn't have. (like built in sounder and GPS) The TZT2 offers a Rotokey control, some advanced radar features, multi-card reader etc.. to name a few. It is like asking someone what shoes should I wear. The fit is different for each customer.

As a general rule, knowing nothing else, if the boat is 35ft or under the TZT2 is normally the one to consider and TZT for larger boats. This isn't a hard and fast rule because you might have a long sail boat where the power savings of the TZT2 is the better choice. You might also have a smaller boat plans to run a CHRIP sounder and finds the Roto-knob something they wish to have because of all the pitch and roll. (Either could add remote keys MCU002/MCU004)

You will find many discussion treads already on this forum talking about the differences. So in summary, it is best to discuss your choice and shop for the best device to fit your boating needs. Trying to wear your neighbors shoes can result in sore feet.

Back