DRS4W - no Connect to GP1971F

balticbird

I own a Furuno plotter (GP-1971F) which can normally be connected to the WiFi radar (DRS4W). But that doesn't work for me as it should: The plotter recognizes the SSID of the radar, connected itself and after a few seconds the plotter reported "Radar connection lost", even with direct visual contact (2m distance) from the radar antenna. The radar works excellently via an iPad or iPhone and is almost completely interference-free.Obviously the WLAN transmitted by the Radarantenna has enough power because the Plotter isnt lost the WLAN-Signal.
Need help..
Thank you for reading this far.

You'll want to make sure the GP1971F is up to date with the latest software, currently we're up to version 4.

Most of the time it has to do with radar / display placement, on pages 11 and 12 of the DRS4W operator's manual there's guidance on radar placement.

It's best to scoot the radar around the top with it connected by wifi to the MFD before nailing it down. Sometimes, the issue isn't that the signal is blocked by a physical barrier, but that it's weakened by some nearby current carrying wires (like power to the radar or VHF, etc.). You could try turning other things off and on to see if the radar or displays are being affected by it.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Attachments

• FireShot Capture 483 -  - www.furunousa.com.png
    FireShot Capture 483 - - www.furunousa.com.png
    92.3 KB · Views: 510
Both the website and the link you provided opens for me. You might want to try a diffrent browser software and try again.

If you're antenna's wifi is being blocked by something, new software won't fix it. It's best to take the radar down - hook it up to the plotter by wifi and get it working, than place the radar.

- Maggy

Back