DRS12 X class ARPA settings

Pelagic Fisher

Hi

I am currently using TZ Pro to process ARPA targets (boats 10m to 15m) within 6nm. After 5-10 minutes the ARPA icon is either lost or it takes of chasing weaker echos even though the target echo is still clearly shown on radar picture. Would it work better if I chose for targets to be computed inside the radar rather than "local TZ ARPA processing", is that possible? I have tried a couple times but when "computing inside radar" it doesn't let me acquire targets on TZ Pro.

If I am unable to do this, can I fine tune advanced ARPA settings to make it work better?

Thanks

Pelagic Fisher":2tcqejoi said:
Hi

I am currently using TZ Pro to process ARPA targets (boats 10m to 15m) within 6nm. After 5-10 minutes the ARPA icon is either lost or it takes of chasing weaker echos even though the target echo is still clearly shown on radar picture. Would it work better if I chose for targets to be computed inside the radar rather than "local TZ ARPA processing", is that possible? I have tried a couple times but when "computing inside radar" it doesn't let me acquire targets on TZ Pro.

If I am unable to do this, can I fine tune advanced ARPA settings to make it work better?

Thanks

There's nothing in the software that arbitrarily knocks off a target after so many minutes. Rather the ARPA engine evaluates the target with each sweep, if the target was obstructed or "out of view" from the radar's perspective -- I wouldn't be so sure a TZ Touch wouldn't treat the target any differently than Timezero Pro. Perhaps increasing gain, turning on interference rejection, or adjusting A/C rain could improve the ARPA's engine tracking ability. For the best answer Nobeltech/Maxsea would need to see a short video of it happening, and perhaps a log file of your current settings.

Hope this clarifies, :sail

- Maggy

Back