Do I have the right Autopilot installed NP300.

sdonx

Furuno Fan
Seems to cycle the pump alot.
I installed a NP-300, I chose it for the remote over the 700.
My pump is 12VDC at 110W 3500 rpm. Converted is 9.1 Amps (which is in the NP300 range of 10 A continuous)
Boat is a 40' Cabo.

I could have other issues related more to air in hydraulics.

Pump selection should be based on matching the pump to your steering cylinder displacement. What make/model is the pump and what make/model and/or displacement is the cylinder?
Air in the system will definitely keep everything from working properly.

Guys, Finally getting back into this. The steering cylinder is a Seastar Model PSC200-9/ Part HC5801.
Here is what I have for specs:
CYLINDER SELECTION GUIDE CYLINDER SPECIFICATION DISPLACEMENT BORE STROKE OUTPUT FORCE MAX. TORQUE (35° from Ctr) Single - 9” X 2” CYL (HC5801-2) 21.25 in³ (348cc) 2.0” (51mm) 9” (229mm) 2946 lbsf (13,090 N) 18,900 in-lbs (217kg/m).

Please let me know if there are any compatibility issues with me going with a 300 over the 700?

You can run either pilot but value is with the Navpilot 300 running the PUMPOCT16-12 pump. You get the bluetooth remote. The money saved from the Navpilot 711C and pump could be put to the SCX20 as a heading source device.

Johnny, Should I change out the pump to the PUMPOCT16-12? The existing pump does cycle/ hunt very often.
I do have the SCX20(y)

Last edited:
If you have a pump; I would try using that before buying something new. You should test that you can run the pump hard over to hard over in roughly 10 seconds, which is what you are looking for. If too slow or too fast it could be that that the original pump was not correct size for the steering system.

Back