Different trackline on second MFD

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the secondary unit receives the previous and next waypoint or does it just receive the next waypoint when a route is shared between two MFD's. I received the following problem from one of my boat crews:

"When the boat is underway the coxswain and the navigator RDP's show different lines going to the next way point. While underway we brought up a route on the Master unit and the entire route displays on the master unit. On the secondary unit, the RDP displays a line from the ships current position to a quick point, not the entire route.

The problem happens when the coxswain is driving and the waypoint switch happens. The switching is set perpendicular, so if the coxain cuts the corner, the next track line does not match. The master unit displays from waypoint to waypoint. The secondary shows a line from the boats position when the switch occurred to the next Quickpoint. This is causing alarms when they deviate from one track line or the other as the track lines do not match between the units."

Thanks.

Since 2002, with the NN1 and Vx2 (2005) we haven't seen any course issues between properly networked units. It would be best to take photos/videos of your issue along with a full system diagram to provide to our tech support. An official case can be opened via SUPPORT (ask Furuno a question) on our web site. I am sure we can determine what has been done incorrectly.

Back