DFF3D MULTIBEAM QUESTION

hillman

I consider buying DFF3D multibeam sonar, just like WASSP multibeam which has 224 beams within 120° beam coverage, my question is how many beams does DFF3D have?

Thanks!

From Hillman

Three (3) Beams total,

The DFF3D utilizes a custom transducer with triple wide elements at a frequency of 165kHz. Each beam angle and beam width are selectable.

For more information, checkout the product brochure and product page.

Hope this helps, :sail

- Maggy

Deep Blue":1rt61atg said:
hillman,

The DFF3D has 8 RX Channels, while the WASSP has 26 RX Channels.

- Deep Blue

I don't know what RX Channel is, can you explain it in more detail?

Thanks!

Magnetron":1e9fwsjr said:
Three (3) Beams total,

The DFF3D utilizes a custom transducer with triple wide elements at a frequency of 165kHz. Each beam angle and beam width are selectable.

For more information, checkout the product brochure and product page.

- Maggy

So does WASSP has five beams or 224 beams?
THANKS!

hillman,

The DFF3D has 41 Beams using 8 Receive Channels. The WASSP has 224 Beams using 26 Receive Channels.

I hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion..? :think

- Deep Blue

hillman":2smai8fk said:
I don't know what RX Channel is, can you explain it in more detail?

Thanks!

Rx = Receive
Tx = Transmit

Deep Blue's answer is more correct, by three I was referring to Starboard, Port, Center.

- Maggy

Dear Deep Blue and Maggy

I really appreciate your expertise.
I will place the order as soon as everything is ready.

Thanks!

From Hillman

Deep Blue":2fit1xnb said:
hillman,

The DFF3D has 41 Beams using 8 Receive Channels. The WASSP has 224 Beams using 26 Receive Channels.

I hope that this helps clear up some of the confusion..? :think

- Deep Blue

Do you know how many beams and RX channel does a traditional fishfinder have?(such as DFF1-UHD)

Thanks!

hillman,

A typical fish finder will only one Transmit and one Receive for Low Frequency, or High Frequency. For example Low Frequency will be 50kHz and the High Frequency uses 200 kHz.

For the DFF1-UHD CHIRP Sounder, it also utilizes one Transmit and one Receive for the Low Frequency using a sweeping frequency 30-70 kHz. And for the High Frequency, its one Transmit and one Receive using sweeping frequency between 175-225 kHz

I hope this information is helpful..? :)
- Deep Blue

Deep Blue":38r5d2ap said:
hillman,

A typical fish finder will only one Transmit and one Receive for Low Frequency, or High Frequency. For example Low Frequency will be 50kHz and the High Frequency uses 200 kHz.

For the DFF1-UHD CHIRP Sounder, it also utilizes one Transmit and one Receive for the Low Frequency using a sweeping frequency 30-70 kHz. And for the High Frequency, its one Transmit and one Receive using sweeping frequency between 175-225 kHz

I hope this information is helpful..? :)
- Deep Blue

Dear Deep Blue

I totally get it.
Thanks for your expertise.

From Hillman

Back