Dff3 vs Deep Impact Amplifier for R599LH

syrupdawg

I am doing a little reworking on my Furuno setup this winter and I am going to upgrade to TZT3 12" displays and a SC20 antenna. I currently have a 599LH with a Dff3 but i was wondering if the Deep Impact Amplifier offers any advantage over the Dff3 making it worth the upgrade. Thanks in advance

The DI box would allow you to use the R599LH in CHIRP mode or CW mode. The DFF3D is only CW. This would help in the shallower waters with target discrimination but deeper waters would be roughly the same.

syrupdawg,

The Deep Impact power amplifier (DI-FFAMP), can boost the TZtouch3′s fish-finding capabilities up to 300 percent, giving operators the ability to probe depths surpassing 10,000 feet (when using the proper transducers).

TZtouch3 has two independent and agile channels, so it can let you select the frequencies that you want to use, and providing you a lot of combinations. Putting more power on target can provide you with better detail.

There are certain fish species that do not have air bladders, and as a result, tend to look a lot like the water column itself when viewed with a standard fish finder. At a certain depth, somewhere around 2,000 feet below the transducer, the TZtouch3 will switch from chirping over to a continuous-wave signal. But if you choose to use CHIRP in deep water, the DI-FFAMP will allow you to do that as well.

- Deep Blue ;)

Okay so just to confirm I am understanding this correctly. With the TZT3 system the deep impact has no disadvantage to the DFF3 as it will run in continuous wave just like the DFF3 will as well as chirp mode

Back