DFF -1 Upgrade

I would like to upgrade my fish finder this fall. I have a Navnet 3D system , DFF-1 box with 2 MFD 12 screens and a Airmar B744V transducer.

Can I use the new DFF-3 UHD box or do I need to use a DFF-1UHD box with the system I have. I would be happy to hear any other suggestions about doing an upgrade. Also what transducer would be the best. I fish in 20 to 50 ft of water.

I've been told by outside people that I should think about scrapping the whole system, radar and all and upgrade everything. Seems kind of unnecessary.

Thank you for any advice

In such shallow waters, high freqs are best. When you retrofit the boat, I would go with the internal sounder and a good High wide chirp transducer. If you have XL or a second TZT3 display, I would highly recommend getting a suitable side-scan transducer being you are not needing to buy an external sounder. In that shallow depth, you are bound to benefit the most from side-scan to locate targets and then get over them with with your High Wide fish finder. You could keep the DFF1 and B744v on the newer systems if you wish and of course your existing DRS radar. You might run the full list by tech support to see what else might move over smooth. The people who talk about scrapping everything must have more $$ than I. :) I agree with you.

Back