detailed charts for nn3d

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a navnet 3D. Since I bought the boat, I have used the NOAA raster charts almost exclusively. It's been a great piece of kit.

Last year, I bought thebC-Map megawide package of the east coast of North America for our brief trip into canada. Pretty abysmal, but it was a short trip and we got through it.

We are now two weeks into a four month stay in Canada. The Down East Circle, which includes the St Lawrence seaway, Prince Edward island, Newfoundland, and Nova Scotia. My opinion of cmap charts has gone down considerably! Fortunately, I have Navionics subscription running on my smartphone, which I have used in parallel with my chartplotter. The C-Mmap charts are useless to the point of dangerous.

I would upgrade to the Navionics charts for the charplotter, but they no longer exist. At this point, it seems that the only charts available for this chartplotter are C-Map.

Are there any solutions? Is this chart plotter no longer suitable for international use? Are there functional charts for newer versions of Furuno.

I hopefully added two pictures. These are taken of our anchorage in Trois Riviere, a significant anchorage point on the St Lawrence River in the eastern part of Canada. The chartplotter shows the entire area to be under 6 ft, with no spot soundings at all. The Navionics app on my smartphone shows much more detail, and the detail matched my soundings. We anchored in over 12 ft of water.

Any help to make this really nice piece of equipment functional would be greatly appreciated!

There are many setting to customize charts in addition to other chart options depending on the world location. C-map is normally very good but in some cases the Mapmedia or national hydrographic charts of subject countries are better. Please work with official tech support because you can send photos of your screen and they can send you screen samples of available purchase options as well. If Furuno USA is your distributor, cases are opened via our website (www.FurunoUSA.com - Support - Ask a question). While change to sales of Navionics MM3 charts has fully discussed on this forum already, chart options tend to change over time. I recall when NN3D first released there was no C-map or Navionics options. Then they had Navionics and no C-map, then both, and now just C-map. This doesn't include the ACE charts, HOs charts or others. It is very regional and to the area in discussion and over time the answer can change. Please work directly with support. they normally provide some great screen captures and help you work though what might be the best options or configurations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back