Connecting a B275LHW directly to a TZT3

42Duffy

Presently I have a B275LHW connected to a DFF1UHD. I want to eliminate the DFF1UHD box and connect the transducer directly to the TZT3. However, the transducer, since it connects directly to the DFF1UHD, does not have a connector. What is the Furuno part number for a connector to the TZT3? Can I use the 10 pin / 12 pin pigtail that comes with the TZT3? If so, can you provide a schematic. I assume the best way to connect would be to solder the wires. Any thoughts on how to eliminate any “noise” ?

OR

With the new software update for the TZT3. Does it the internal CHIRP on the TZT3 have features and settings that are not available on the DFF1UHD?

Thanks

Interested in this question also. I have the same setup with the B275LHW connected to the NAVNET 3D currently. I also have the TZT16 with a DFF3D.

"With the new software update for the TZT3. Does it the internal CHIRP on the TZT3 have features and settings that are not available on the DFF1UHD?"

The B275LHW use on the DFF1-UHD would be almost the same when directly connected the TZT3. Because the DFF1-UHD has more circuits, for running the B275LHW; I would normally recommend you leave the UHD in place. If you wish to remove the UHD and go direct, you would need a 12 pin pigtail cable (pn TZ3-12P-PGT) to wire up the transducer, so can plug it directly into the TZT3. While the TZT3 is more flexible with transducer options and has support for the Deep Impact box, the UHD is very good on what it specializes in. If you are currently getting BD with the UHD, you will lose that feature going direct because the TZT3 doesn't offer BD with that transducer currently.

Back